Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter ~Rusty Pickle~




January Sketch


Good Morning all, I made this one for the January Rusty Pickle sketch. See the Rusty Pickle Blog http://rustypickle.typepad.com/ for this months challenge there is always prizes in the monthly sketch challenge, I can't wait to see what you do.This months sketch is by the talented Sarah Carrington you can visit here Blog at http://smellyblog-slcarrington.blogspot.com/. Love the sketch thanks Sarah. Since the sketch is about winter, snow, sledding you know all the winter stuff. I picked these pics of my children from January 2001. We had a day off from school for this snow storm, which of course they loved that and with us living close to the coast of North Carolina snow is not something we have much of sooooo we love it when it does snow . This is a pic of my oldest 5, which now Jr. will be 23 in a few days, and the littlest one is Cody who is now 12. Time just goes way to quick, thank goodness we have cameras to capture these moments. Anyway......I used the Rusty Pickle Chocolates Bunnies line, and the Word Reel page for this lo with some good ole' cardboard and the blue is from Panama Jack . The W is from the cardboard letters from Rusty Pickle which are just fabulous!! The snowflakes at the bottom are from SpellBinders, layered. The rest of winter was made on the Cricut Gypsy welded together..love it!! Lots of distressing with scissors and paint. Thanks for looking and Have a Wonderful Day. Dawn
Products Used:
  • Rusty Pickle pp Panama Jack, Chocolates Bunnies, Word Reel
  • Rusty Pickle cardboard letters, tag and button
  • Fiskars scissors wavy
  • Quickutz circles dies
  • SpellBinders snowflakes
  • pop dots
  • Cricut Gypsy
  • Tim Holtz Old Paper crackle paint
  • Colorbox ink

13 comments:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Dawn - this is FABULOUS!! I love just looking around at all the different techniques and elements!

Brenda said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Love what you have done here!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Nanne said...

GREAT layout Dawn.. Love the different textures and the colors..
hugs
Nanné

sherree said...

really great page!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I just love the textures and all the elements on this layout. It is stunning. !

scrappinlil said...

Wow this is a great layout...I love all the detail and the pics are so cute...you're right about time flying so fast...I might try to get a layout done for this...we'll see..TFS

Sandy said...

I really love this one Dawn....really fab distressing and the pics are precious....Love the oversized w in the title too...everthing is just wonderful!

Sherry -Aunt Elmo- said...

Love love love it! I love the distressed look! I think I need to try something new! That picture is too cute! Isn't it funny how us moms get more excited about snow days then the kids?! Great job girlie!

Enfys said...

Oh my oh my, this is amazing Dawn, you really raised the bar this time. Happy new year to you and your family,
big hugs
En xx

Sherry -Aunt Elmo- said...

I love that blue...every time I get a chance I stare at the blue! Anyway, I didn't come to stare at the blue this time...you asked if I had gotten any of the rusty pickle stuff yet...NO! Girl, I'm terrible about getting out of the house and into the "big" city normally but winter is just another story all together! I'm so afraid to drive in snow and normally we get ice instead of snow! So when it warms up I do hope to get out and shop! In the meantime, I'll admire your blue and your "foot flops" lol still can't get that straight!

Heidi E. said...

Love the color and rustic look.. Another fabulous layout for sure.

Brenda said...

I had to come back and look at it again I am sooo amazed by your talent!!!
WOW Dawn!!!
hugs
Brneda

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn! So I was excited to see your comment at SOUS today and then wanted to come by and say hello..ok so I had no idea you have such a big family! That is just awesome and our babies are close in age..well not sure when you wrote that last but my little Cody will be 7 months this friday.
I think family is everything especially the kiddos..I can see you really feel the same way.
I feel super blessed to have my 3 but could see myself having more (now the husband is another story, LOL!)

Hope it works for you to use our sketch this week. I know your busy though.

Oh sorry, I know I commented on this LO somewhere but not here...I love this, like in love! I just can't seem to get enough of the texture..feels like (and I hope I don't sound like a dork) so organic and has this "warm in a log cabin during winter" feel to it.

Ok enough of my dorkyness......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...