Monday, December 20, 2010

Recipe #19 Cannoli


Cannoli's

Yummy!

Ingredients

Greased Pizzelle Press


Mix all ingredients together


Mix well


use a tablespoon and spoon onto greased iron


Once cooked use  a cylinder to roll the pizzelle


Ingredients for the filling






Mix until sugar dissolves


Use either a pastry bag or sandwich bag fill and squeeze into cannoli



Hello all well after yesterdays post the pizzelles, well now cannoli's!!! The girls at the scrapbook store call them Italian crack, lol! There is an authentic Italian pizza restaurant like two doors down from All About Scrapbook's store.  Everyone orders them and they are amazing! Whenever I have classes hubby orders one, and it is the biggest highlight of the night, that and his Stromboli. I sent these out to the job site, and to my neighbor!! They were a  big hit! Easy peasy too!!

Recipe #19 and only a few more days to go!! Are you about ready for Christmas?? Well I have just a few more gifts to get and then I will be about is ready as I can get! I will have just a bit more cooking to do too. I will be mailing out Crystal's package to Korea...yeah I know late but it just takes time...the only days I have even got to go shopping are the last two Sunday's so yesterday was Crystals day. We went to the mall for the first time this holiday season..and it was not as bad as I thought it might be.  We were able to shop for everything we wanted too.



Cannoli
1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup of butter/margarine
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of white vinegar
3 Tablespoons of water
1 1/2 cup of flour
Mix all ingredients together, bake the pizzelles on the greased pizzelle iron then immediately wrap around the cylinder to shape. Fill with the filling and dust with powdered sugar.
Filling
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/4 cup of mini chocolate morsels
Fold together and fill the pizzelles to make the cannoli's!!
All done and YUMMY!!!

Check back for the next recipe! Blog candy too!!
Have a Beautiful Day! Cyber Hugs, Dawn Gallop

3 comments:

scrappinlil said...

oh yummy...yummy!!! Thank you for the comment on my blog about the sewing machine...and thank you for the recipe for these cannoli's they look delicious. I will have to give them a try too. ONe ? though...is the vegetable (1/4 cup) ..is that vegetable shortening? TFS

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Thanks!! It is vegetable oil!! LOL!! The phone rang then...wink wink!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Totally loving all your recipe posts although I've had no time to bake! However, I think I'm all shopped and wrapped, so now I can get serious in the kitchen! Have a wonderful Christmas, Dawn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...